cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Line Dropouts

Allumri
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

Been suffering from line drop outs for about the last 3 weeks. Usually speed tests indicate no problems (though if I time it correctly with a drop out, a small portion of the speed test will run down to 0.1mbps), but when I try to run a service status test I get the following message

Allumri_0-1653037855822.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

I've a different model router on the way to see if this will improve the wifi performance.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Allumri
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Thanks Karl, Still happening, as of right now;

Allumri_0-1653901405271.png

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

I've made a channel change to the wifi, see if there is any improvement with this now.  If not, we can try another router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Allumri
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Hello,

I tested this last night and had no problem with a wired connection playing xbox live.  This morning however using wireless the latency is really poor, my teams calls are dropping out every few minutes. My laptop is only 3 or 4 metres from the router so I don't believe its a distance issue.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

As soon as you test, please let us know, and our team will be here to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Allumri
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk  Thank you for coming back to me.

I've purchased a cable to check which will be delivered today - Will come back to you with more info thank you.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Allumri

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to be stable.

Is this affecting wired connections also or only wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes