cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Lost connection on iPhone and ipad

Jojox
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

My iPad and iPhone have been connected to my internet for years, yet since Sunday I have lost connection. I have repeatedly tried turning router off for over an hour at a time but all I get is “ unable to join the network “. Any ideas why?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂 You don't need to return the HG633 router, unless you would like to.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi @Jojox that's great news glad all is working. If there was a returns envelope in the package return the router, and keep hold of the posting receipt. If not hold onto the router until Karl confirms that you can recycle it. (After the holidays) 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi Karl, received new router today! And I’m back online ☺️ thank you for your help. Do I return old router or is it too old to reuse? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi

The router is sent via courier and usually takes 24 - 48 hrs to arrive, however during this festive period, courier services are busier than usual, so I cannot guarantee there will not be a delay.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jojox
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

Thanks Karl, any idea how long before I get this?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi

This router is quite old now, I'll gat a new router sent out to you, to see if it is failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jojox
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 15

Huawei HG663 is this the correct information?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Morning,

Thank you. The connection stats look ok. Can I just confirm, what is the make and model of your current router please? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then please let us know and we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Jojox
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Hi Michelle, details are now updated. Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Jojox
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

Hi Divsec, yes tried totally removing and re discovering a few times, nothing seems to work 🥴 my contract is up on 18th January so thinking of going with Sky 🤷‍♀️  talktalk seems to get worse each year, been with them 10 years plus. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi @Jojox no they are not that subtle, I would be sure it is the WiFi settings. Unfortunately I don't have access to Apple tech but I'd suggest deleting your phone tt WiFi setting then reinstating it from the list discovered by the phone

0 Likes

Jojox
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Hi Divsec, thanks for your reply, there have been no updates done. I’m just so frustrated as this has happened before and then after a while resolves itself. I still have copper wire not fibre and because TalkTalk want me to move over to fibre I’m wondering if this is something to do with them 🤔

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Hi @Jojox have Apple done any updating of operating system recently?

Worth powering down your tablet and phone then restarting. 

Regardless your post has been escalated and you should hear soon from someone more apple orientated than me. 

0 Likes