cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Moving home soon

muzzer55
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5
Hi 
I have Fibre 65 at my house now.
But soon i am moveing house.
the house i am moving to when i checked i can only have  Fibre 35 what is not fast enough for all us in the house.
In this case can it be upgraded or can the contract i have what still has a year to run be terminated and i go else where. 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi muzzer55

Im afraid, as we can supply a service to your new property, If you cancel in contract there will be charges, charges are only waived if we cannot supply your new home at all. 

As said speak to our loyalty team on 03451720088 

Regards.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

It would be best to call the phone number mentioned in my first reply to speak to the loyalty team, they will be able to explain your options.

0 Likes

muzzer55
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi Skynet_TX

full fibre not here yet

So if they can't give the service i have now can they end my contract.

There is Virgin Media here.

Many thanks for your reply i already know the reason.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @muzzer55,

Fibre 35 & Fibre 65 are only fibre from the telephone exchange to the street cabinet, from the street cabinet to your home the signal comes down regular old copper phone lines, it is the length of this copper phone line that dictates what speed you can get. So if your new home is further away from the street cabinet then this will mean you would get slower speeds.

For FTTC services like Fibre 35/65 the image below is a rough guide of the maximum speeds you could get based on the length of phone line between your home and the street cabinet. If TalkTalk thought you would not be able to achieve speeds of over 40mbps based on the length of the line, they would not make Fibre 65 available to you, as it would be pointless, because you could get the same speeds from the cheaper Fibre 35 service :

Skynet_TX_0-1678140711535.png

Obviously there may be faster services available at your new home that are delivered in other ways (e.g. Virgin Media via their cable network, or ISP's (possibly including TalkTalk) that offer full fibre).

If you wanted to discuss leaving TalkTalk then it would be best to call 0345 172 0088 and when you are asked why you are calling say that you are thinking of leaving, or ask for the loyalty team.

0 Likes