cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DG8041W firmware

Bronzey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

I have a Talk Talk Wi-Fi Hub DG8041W with firmware Version v1.05t.  It very often reboots itself and I read that there is a firmware update that cures the problem.  Can i have the firmware upgrade?

My download speed has dropped from 35 Mbps to 20Mbps and despite talking to customer services numerous times (this has been going on for over a month), no progress is being made to get my speed increased.  The guaranteed speed is 26Mbps and I am not even getting that.

I have had an Openreach engineer visit who rewired the connection outside my house and checked everything inside.  He said he couldn't find anything wrong inside and to leave it a couple of weeks to re-sync.  Over a month later it still hasn't and the router still keeps rebooting. Could the reboots be stopping the line from re-syncing?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi Bronzey

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If there is anything else that we can help with on the Community then please let us know.

0 Likes

Bronzey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 19

To be honest, I give up.  Problems started before Christmas and I feel I have wasted enough of my time trying to get the problems resolved.

I am presently looking into changing to a different broadband supplier.

I was informed by customer services that if you do not provide the guaranteed speed for a period of 30 days, then the contract is no longer applicable.  I have not had the guaranteed speed for approx 3 months so I think it is time to change to an alternative supplier.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Bronzey

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi Bronzey,

Line test is clear but we can arrange an engineer to look into the noise on the line as this could be related to the broadband issue. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Bronzey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 19

Hello Debbie

After the noise margin was changed it stayed connected until Sunday morning, at 3 am it disconnected and the noise margin is back to 0 again.  It also disconnected again this morning at around 4.30 am

On my landline phone this morning I noticed there is a humming sound and static noises.  I done the usual test of disconnecting everything, removing the faceplate to the  master socket and plugged a corded phone into the socket.  The buzzing sound and static noises were still there.  Maybe more noticeable today because it is raining and there is a bad connection somewhere that is getting damp.

It seems like everything from the connection outside my house to everything inside has been changed/renewed and I am still getting problems.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Bronzey

Apologies for the delay.

How was the connection over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hello Michelle

Not noticed any difference yet.  The replacement router did disconnect overnight.  Below are connection stats from the router.  Is the downstream Noise Margin correct at 0.00?

Downstream              Upstream
Actual Rate [Kbps]                            22400                        7200
Maximum Rate [Kbps]                     35401                         7200
Noise Margin [dB]                             0.00                           6.00
Attenuation [dB]                               20.50                          0.00
Power [dBm]                                      11.80                           6.80

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi Bronzey

No problem. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 19

That would be great if you could.  I did have a Sagemcom Wifi Hub before which was replaced with the DG8041W and I didn't have any problems with it.  

Thank you.

Message 11 of 19

Hi Bronzey

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Not good I'm afraid.  Router hasn't gone more than 22 hours without rebooting.  Download speed according to the router has remained static at 21.86 Mbps.  Download speed test shows just over 20Mbps.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19
0 Likes

Message 14 of 19
0 Likes

Bronzey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 19

Thank you.  I will keep an eye on it and let you know.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi Bronzey

Your router firmware has been updated, please can you monitor the connection over the next few days and let us know how it compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Hi Bronzey

Apologies for this.

I will ask our Devices Team to push the firmware update to your router and I will post back to confirm once this has been completed.

Thanks 

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi @Bronzey,

v1.06t of the firmware does fix one very specific issue that can cause the router to reboot, you could see if you were being affected by this issue by checking the log within the router. If you can see entries in the log that mention a 'Kernel Panic' error at the time of the reboots, then firmware 1.06t will fix that, but if you see no mentions of a 'Kernel Panic' error then the new firmware is not likely to resolve the issue.

Firmware 1.06t will not install automatically, it can only be installed by the support team here pushing it out manually to your router, they should be able to help with this tomorrow.