cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New Broadband service connection less than 0.2mb

Gruf_1234
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi, I moved from Shell recently and have been sent a router to connect to talk talk, I'd never needed broadband when I was with Shell.  I set it up yeserday and got the solid white light but was still not working correctly.

I went through a chat session with support yesterday, reset the password and userid on the router to be a poBroadband one but it still didn't improve the situation.  At that point I thought it wasn't connected but it was at less than 100k.  Speedtest doesn't recognise the connection but fast.com shows it about 100-200kb/s

The router stats show the connection is around 100k whereas even impacted on the bt wholesale the handback is 35Mb.

After talking to the first line tech support they switched the chat to SMC where the bot repeatedly asked for my full name.  I tried later, was routed to SMC chat again and this had the same issue.

I'm not sure what happens next and since I couldn't talk to anyone in SMC when will it be fixed ?

router_stats.pngBtWholesale.png
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gruf_1234
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Thanks, I was able to get the router sent out through the chat a couple of weeks ago, I'll leave it till tomorrow and try to contact them again

Thanks for the reply

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Staff here work normal office hours Monday to Friday but as an ex Shell Customer they have limited access to systems and so may ask you to phone the dedicated Shell Migration team who a handling queries and issues.

Did this team send you the router as I can't see any previous posts by you on the forum?

I'm not sure the Shell Team are open on Sundays, so if you wish to hold on for advice here, staff will probably respond tomorrow. Alternatively as said try the Migration Team.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes