cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet: MS Trouble shooter report below

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Today, at some point I have been disconnected.

Once I noticed, I ran the MS Trouble shooter which reports the following:-

Network Adapter Troubleshooting Report:-
Troubleshooting has Completed.
Problems found:-
"WiFi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration Detected !
Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found.
More details below.

Since that is quite a long report, I have attached it rather than pasting it.

This happens to me quite a lot and usually I resort to re--booting the router after a few minutes.

This time I was keen to know just what was causing it.

...I'm non the wiser but fed up with these regular drop outs.

Can someone advise please?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

@Chris-TalkTalk that's fine, if the dropouts get more frequent, I'll bite the bullet but for the moment, I'd just be happy if ITV could sort out their buggy player!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Understood, unfortunately if the disconnections continue we may need to try another router before arranging an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk I think I may have another router somewhere, but I'm not really keen on swapping the current one out due to the disruption likely to be caused to so called "smart stuff" 😄

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Steamywee,

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version, do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk when the PC tells me it has no internet connection, normally I also find that the "Internet" light on the Router is Red and not Green which means all items are unable to connect.

When this particular outage occurred, I seem to recall that the Router had a full complement of Green Lights (6).

Is there some way to update the Router's firmware, or does it auto update?

I ask because I have an ongoing problem with the YouView Box being unable to access ITV Hub: More correctly, it CAN access the Hub, but the Hub after being directed to the desired catch-up programme, fails to show it preferring to show a notification saying "Where's my Show?", the notice bears the reference 1.62.37 103-009.

This is a global problem with ITV Hub, it is not restricted to just one programme, it occurs with EVERY selected programme from their catalogue.

itvhubhelp@itv.com  have been grappling with the problem for more than two weeks now without success, and have only this week passed the problem to their tech team!

They are earnestly seeking an excuse sorry solution to the problem by asking me to re-arrange my home in order to have an ethernet connection from Router to Box.

They are completely blind to the fact that ALL the other catch-up players work perfectly, it is theirs alone which fails miserably, despite their saturation advertising for both the Hub, and the PAID for Ad free Britbox version!!

I'm loathe to engage with their fantasy that the fault lies anywhere except with ITV, but thought maybe aRouter firmware update might improve things  (not that I'm unhappy with its performance, however having experienced 300mbps Fibre in my Spanish Apartment, it does make one envious!) 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and both the stability and sync speed look good. Is this affecting all devices?

Thanks

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for that @Skynet_TX followed your link and checked the BB Connection was OK, you also asked if Phone Line was clear of any noise, which it is.

The option to Chat must be during Working hrs and troubleshooting seems a bit futile since the connection is once more up and (for now) stable!

I'll wait and see if the team pick it up tomorrow, thanks again for your advice.

EDIT: Running the Router from the test socket is a bit inconvenient as it is upstairs, so I'll leave that until necessary!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

I noticed that all six lights were on and flashing as usual (Router is a Huawei HG635) which is odd, some times the internet one turns red but not this time!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Steamywee,

What do the light(s) on the router do when you lose connection, do they indicate that the router has lost its connection with the internet ?

0 Likes