cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet access on new router

MazzaJ
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I have a new talktalk router, line has been checked and broadband working OK, constant white light on router, but devices won't connect to Internet. Message that I need to sign in to network, but keeps timing out at passwordhelper.talktalk.net.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

I've added the username to our ACS platform so the router will automatically have the correct username when it syncs up, I don't have visibility of the password so this would have to be entered manually if there are any further issues.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Logged in, but didn't enter anything, and suddenly it seems to be working. Have Internet on laptop and mobile.  Tried this yesterday, but nothing worked then.  I will try other devices in the house in a bit, but it looks as if problem is solved. Thank you for your time.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

I'm showing from the logs that the router can get online when the correct authentication details are entered but not when these are missing or left at the default settings.

Can you log into the router and enter your broadband username and password under the connection details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Reset has made no difference. Still says I have to sign in to network, but directs me to talktalk password helper, which I can't connect to as no Internet connection!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

I've tried the reset, but still can't connect. Devices say I have to sign in to the network, but am unable to do so as they direct me to talktalk password helper, which I can't connect to, as no internet access! 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi

Ok, try the reset and let us know.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

I'll try tomorrow - I've had to reconnect the old router temporarily in order to connect.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Have you tried a factory reset of the new router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds.

If that doesn't help, the support team here should be able to help more tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

No, just replaced a very old router.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @MazzaJ,

Have you recently moved home ?, just asking as this problem does happen sometimes when an account is moved to a new address.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes