cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet connection

T3 Rob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

My internet connection connection keeps dropping- the light on the router stays green, but it’s not connected. All my devices are working fine, they can find my neighbours Wi-Fi but not mine! I’ve had an online chat where the tech talked me through the tests to carry out, everything was fine. The thing is, when it’s connected it’s fine, but it randomly drops out. I have to keep restarting the router all the time. Tonight, between 5:30pm and 9pm I’ve restarted it twice, and that’s been normal for the last 2 months. Help please!

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Subtext500,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Subtext500
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

ive had no internet since last year i have tried everything without suscess 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi T3 Rob

Ahh no problem 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

T3 Rob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

Hi Debbie, sorry I’ve been working so couldn’t reply, I will keep an eye on it over the next few days, fingers crossed it’s sorted. Thank you for your help with this.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi T3 Rob

Openreach have now closed this fault as resolved.

Please can you confirm if this fault has been fully resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

T3 Rob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

Will do, thanks Karl

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi

Give our team a nudge tomorrow and we can check if there are any updates for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

T3 Rob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 16

Thanks very much Debbie

Message 9 of 16

Hi T3 Rob

Thanks for confirming this.

I have escalated this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

T3 Rob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 16

Hi Debbie, yes it is

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi T3 Rob

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential issue, is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

T3 Rob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 16

When I had the online chat, we disconnected everything, then reconnected step by step, checking the micro-filter and the BT socket. The problem is, when it’s working it works fine, it’s nice and fast, passes the connection tests, no problem. Until it goes off! Hopefully staff tomorrow can suggest something, maybe a new router is the answer.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Ok, as you have no wired devices it is not easy to prove if this is just a Wi-Fi interference issue, or if there really is a problem with your router. But the staff here will be able to run some tests tomorrow, and they may just suggest that they send you a new router to try with anyway.

T3 Rob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi, thanks for replying.No I don’t have any ‘wired’ devices. They all lose connection, Sometimes it will be only 2 phones that are using the Wi-Fi so it’s not overstretched. It’s driving us mad now!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi @T3 Rob,

Do you have any devices connected to the router 'wired', if so do they also show the same problem ?

Do all of your devices lose connection at the same time, or just some random devices ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.