cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet despite all line checks ok and DSL up. New replacement router same issues.

SMH-Treasurer
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

I have had no internet for at least a week.   I went through all the checks via Live Chat, which resulted in them issuing a new router.  This has made no difference.

All devices are connected to the router ok.  Logged into the router admin pages, and you can see that all is working except connection to the internet.  DSL line is up, but internet status is "Not Connected" and the status screen shows "disconnected".

After 2 hours + with the Live Chat support, they cannot help because the line checks report connection is ok.  

Other forum posts have similar situations and have been resolved by back office team or OpenReach engineer fixing connection in the cabinet.

Please help.   

To be clear, we've done all the local equipment checks, restarts, factory reset, changes cables, used master socket test etc etc.  

dsl line.pngdevice info.pngstatus.png
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi SMH-Treasurer,

Glad to hear that  the issue is now resolved, apologies for any inconvenience. (I can see that Gliwmaeden2 has advised about automatic compensation)

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 21

See my previous reply re automatic compensation, @SMH-Treasurer.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

This fault is now resolved.

It was a fault in the street. The engineer thinks it may have been caused by someone working on it. The inconsistent test results (apparently working, but no working service) were because there was a short, so a partial connection.

Please can you advise how I claim for an account credit for 6+ weeks  without the services?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

I've booked the first appointment available - September 29 2023, PM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 5 of 21

Thanks, I'll book the engineer now and  get back to you with the details

Chris

Message 6 of 21

Verification completed.

I confirm acceptance of engineer costs if it turns out to be our equipment etc.

Availability for appointment...

Prefer PM, Tues-Fri  (not Mon).    Otherwise most days ok up to 10th Oct.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Line test is picking up a potential voice fault. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Unchanged from as per previous post on this thread (mag 4&5)

We do not use the line for a phone, but when we plugged in a handset and there is no dialtone, so it does look like some sort of line fault.

We just need to rearrange the engineer visit to site, as that was the stage we got to before but the engineer didn't arrive. 

Can you do that...? 

Using the contact mobile phone number in the profile to arrange a date/time?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Thanks. Line test is passing and showing that the router is connected to the internet. Are you experiencing any problems with your landline telephone, is there a dial tone? Any noise on the line?

Chris

Message 10 of 21

Account number added in the location field of my profile.

Hopefully that is OK as there is no obvious field to use. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi SMH-Treasurer,

Could you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number or account number to your community profile we'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

We had this problem, and it happened just as Openreach (or contractor) was installing fibre cables on the telegraph poles. Turned out the installers had wrenched off the telephone cable at the top of the pole. Was fixed a couple of days later. good luck, it's frustrating trying to deal with these people.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 21

If there's no evidence of even an attempt to notify you or the contact about the cancellation of the appointment, @SMH-Treasurer, you should be due compensation. See details if you pop "automatic compensation" into the forum search engine. 

Staff are not on here at weekends, so cannot follow up before Monday. Chat or phoning today would be quicker. 

0 Likes

SMH-Treasurer
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 21

The engineer failed to turn up for the scheduled visit to the premises.  (Unattended engineer work failed to resolve the issue.)  An engineer was booked to visit but never turned up and failed to call the number provided as the contact for the appointment (main account holder was out of the country but despite very clearly providing a number of someone who could provide access, the engineer didn't call or visit.)

Need to arrange another engineer visit.  The lack of progress with this fault is extremely disappointing.   It's been well over a month without any internet access now, and there seems to be no follow-up and no urgency shown to resolve.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi

I've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

SMH-Treasurer
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 21

Yes, correct.

There are two mobile numbers provided - mine and  an alternative contact in the phone section for Mark as he is able to cover for me while I'm at work and not available at the property.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hello,

Just to confirm, there is no dial tone with the phone connected to the test socket and with all other equipment removed from the line? Can I just confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

SMH-Treasurer
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 21

No, the fault still persists.   

We do not use the line for a phone, but I have plugged in a handset yesterday and there is no dialtone, so it does look like some sort of line fault.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Have you been able to connect since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

The forum is not staffed at weekends, @SMH-Treasurer, so I'm afraid that you won't hear back before Monday. 

0 Likes