cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet for over a week!

Boringharvey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Solid orange light on hub! Live chat with talk talk went through their fault protocol, escalated to technical, I can expect a call from them in 48-72 hours, still waiting for a call 6 days later. Spoke to Talk talk went through their fault protocol, they think it’s a server fault, some one will contact me, I’m still waiting , three days later. I’ve tweeted talk talk, went through their fault protocol, I still have no internet! My question is how long do Talk talk have before they’re in breach of their contract and I can go with another provider? Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hello,

Can I just confirm, is your connection now working ok? Is your post now in relation to our auto compensation?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

@Boringharvey, it should get you to an actual human being. What time are you trying to use Chat?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Compensation hasn’t been forthcoming! I’d like to raise an official complaint, but the auto bot sends me round in circles, can someone please advise?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is clear. Just to confirm, do you have a FTTP connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

Follow the guidelines via the link to COMPLAINTS at the foot of the page, @Boringharvey.

Chat is live earlier in the day, 9am till 9pm. Full details of opening hours are at the foot of this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

Boringharvey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

Hi, I’d like to raise an official complaint. Does anyone have any advice as the auto bot sends me round in circles. Tia

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Boringharvey,

Sorry about the missed callback. You appear to have an internet connection now, is everything OK at your end?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Guess what? They scheduled in a call between 16.00-18.00, they didn’t call, that’ll be another 3 days to add to the previous 11 days without internet! Absolutely shocking service.

0 Likes

Boringharvey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 14

I have a dialling tone, the telephone isn’t the problem, just the internet! I have a test socket, but no backup router to test. I’m also expecting a call from technical as I type this, they say they’re able to sort the problem 🤞

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, is the voice service ok? Do you have a dial tone? Does the main socket have a test socket? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with please?

Thanks

Boringharvey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

Profile updated!

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

There's automatic compensation after the fault is resolved, @Boringharvey.

If you simply leave, you wouldn't get that, and might well take the problem with you to the new provider. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

So give them at least a month....!

Any sooner and you'll be charged early termination fees. 

0 Likes