cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Old Router

patgc
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

My router is a HUWAIE HUBBDG8041WN. I have had it for exactly 4years now.

I have never really taken much notice of my speeds but since having a new tv have taken to checking them as the streaming is not that good. Checking over the last month via My Connection it seems that the speed from outside to my router is pretty constant at 44/45mbps (Ihave Fibre65 package). but the speed inside from router to my computer varies enormously, sometimes as high as 32/33mbps sometimes as low as 10/12mbps. this can be over a period of just a few minutes. Its a wifi connection as I cant physically move my computer from the room its in so thats its accessible by cable. There is only a wall and a drop of about 2feet between router and computer.

Do you think a new router would help me ?

Pat Goldsmith-Carter
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

patgc
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 24

thank you, will report back.

Pat Goldsmith-Carter
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hi

I'll get a new router out to you to see if this improves your Wi-Fi Performance.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes