cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Openreach engineer required ... but how do I book?

Steve92
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I've been experiencing dropouts every 10 to 20 minutes for the last few hours.  I was able to run the TalkTalk line test while it was working and it reported a fault that requires an openreach engineer to visit.  I follow the link and log into my account to book an engineer.  When I reach the 'find an appointment' screen there are no available dates showing at all. Available dates are blue and there are none showing - I stopped checking beyond 2024!  How do I get my line fixed if there are no engineers available?  Any suggestions anyone?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Steve92

The engineer visit has been arranged for 31/03 AM (8am- 1pm)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk

Yes, works in Chrome, but not in Firefox.

Confusingly it says under fault status that I already have an engineer booked and confirmation details sent by SMS. But I hadn't completed a booking and not received any confirmation details.

Status also shows 'Action needed' and to book an Openreach engineer.  I've just booked that sucessfully for tomorrow morning.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Does this also happen if you use a different browser? Would you like us to look into the stability/ arrange the engineer visit for you here?

Thanks

Steve92
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

@fergusonthanks for quick reply.  This is what I see on the booking screen - no availability showing at all.

Screengrab_TT_May2022.pngScreengrab_TT_Apr2022.pngScreengrab_TT_Mar2022.png

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

That seems a bit odd to say the least! Wait until the support team here pick this up and they can look into this for you.

0 Likes