cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Openreach have just fitted a new connection but now we're cut off

souwesterly
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Openreach have just fitted a nice shiny new Master Socket 5C for us and having seen that our router light change from orange to blue (or green or whatever it is!) the guy left us in peace.

I fired up my PC - only to find that I wasn't connected.  I had to plug in an ethernet cable via a TP-Link booster before I was able to get online but with that connected I'm getting 36.12 Mbps and 9.36 Mbps upload.  The whole idea was to be able to do away with such 'extras', surely.

BUT, to add to our problems - we can't connect either of our laptops - with or without the TP-Link booster.

When we look at the list of available networks, our network isn't even there.  I've tried to open a new connection but it merely says that the ethernet cable is an unknown device.

I've spent an hour working the problem over with a TalkTalk technical helper but she couldn't solve anything - and Openreach themselves say it its nothing to do with them.

So how can I get help - preferably quickly?  My wife is cursing me (since she only knows that I deal with such things) and I'll be totally bored tonight when I go to bed and browse.

Oh - PS - and just a thought.  Our modem is the same one we had at our last address.  Should that have been changed?

Please help

I’m not ageing, I just need repotting
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Sorry, not sure what that means. Have you tried switching off your router for 30 minutes?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Definitely 100% correct, as of a month ago.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for updating your profile

Line test is clear and your router is in sync at 40Mbps. If you still can't connect your laptop could you switch your router off for 30 minutes the switch back on and try connecting again. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

souwesterly
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hello Chris,

Oooops, forgot to change that. 

Astonishing how many places need to be updated when you move - the list seems neverending!

Also changed my mobile recently - hadn't updated that either😕

Perils of getting old, I reckon.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi souwesterly,

Could you just check the number that you're entered in your community profile and confirm that it's your current TalkTalk landline telephone number

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes