cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Order Rejected?

Message 8 of 8

Called on monday and after almost an hour was finally able to set up and order for full fibre 900. I made an account today and for some reason the order has been rejected?

The "chat to us" function doesn't work at all, as there's nothing to click anywhere so there's no popup. Tried on Chrome and Safari. Is the only way I can fix this by calling the phone number which is hidden in the depths of the mariana trench? It's practically impossible to find it without having an account.

If anyone knows how to actually make the chat function work please do let me know. And if anyone from talktalk knows why my order was rejected, also do please let me know.

jacksparrow_0-1711559243015.png

could have a bit more context

jacksparrow_1-1711559327394.png

literally just a text box
edit: i see the chatbox now. the slightest adblocker will completely break your website. pls fix

Ahoy!
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi jacksparrowstwinbrother

You are going to need to speak to BT as it sounds like they have renewed your contract, and I cant find a new order with us, the last one was the 25th March which was rejected and cancelled. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

I'm a wee bit confused here, how have you ended up with a new contract with BT if you simply cancelled the previous cancellation? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

I called up BT and they cancelled the cancellation and now the TalkTalk order seems to have gone through fine. The thing is my BT contract just started on monday. Will TalkTalk cancel my BT contract when I made the order (today) or when broadband starts (in like 2 weeks). The thing is, if they cancel it when the broadband starts, itll be past the cool off period and I might have to pay the cost of cancelling in the middle of the contract. I don't know If I should call up BT now to cancel again, as I fear it might break the TalkTalk order again. Pls help.

Ahoy!
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Ah, if you were asking TalkTalk to transfer from another provider complete with phone number then that kind of makes sense, they need the other one to be in an active state. Make sure that TalkTalk cancel your existing service on your behalf. Keep us posted if you run into any more problems, the seamless switching that Ofcom promised many moons ago has still to manifest itself. 

Message 6 of 8

I did get a hold of chat but they just sent me on the phone. Spent almost an hour and a half rotating through the different teams just to be to told that I need to: Call back the provider I already cancelled with, and tell them to cancel the cancellation. For some reason, If you cancel with a provider you had and then you apply with TalkTalk, the order just breaks and doesn't go through. So now I need to call BT back and tell them to cancel the cancellation and hopefully the order should go through? Too many hoops to jump through for what they said is a very common occurrence. If its a common occurrence you'd have thought they'd maybe tried to fix it by now.

Ahoy!
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

The support team here can't really help with the order process. Have you managed to get onto chat now to pursue this? 

0 Likes