cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Phone line and broadband down

epwilkinson
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi.

I've lost Landline and therefore VDSL broadband connection. I used the checker on the TalkTalk website and since I reported it the status is unchanged : "we're currently investigating your case"

In the high winds overnight and this morning, a tree came down and took out the local power supply and our phone line somewhere up the road. The power is reconnected, but phone and broadband is not. How come this has not been identified and escalated to Openreach yet as it is clear there is a significant fault on our line. How best to escalate this myself, please?

thanks

Eric

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 20.39.19.png
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi epwilkinson

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved, thanks for letting me know.

If you do experience any further issues then please post back on this thread.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

epwilkinson
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

The fault has been fixed- an overhead cable had broken and has been replaced. The speed was better than expected or previously obtained up until I checked last night. Thank you for following up

Message 3 of 9

Hi epwilkinson

Openreach have now advised that this fault should be resolved following work completed by the engineer.

How's the connection/line been since yesterday afternoon?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi epwilkinson

Openreach have updated the fault ticket (on our side) and we can see the notes to advise that the engineers are still investigating this fault and updates should be available on 29/02.

0 Likes

epwilkinson
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

I have had no contact from Openreach since an initial SMS sent yesterday at 07.31 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi epwilkinson

This fault is with Openreach and they have advised that the engineers are still investigating this fault.

Further updates should be available on 29/02/24. I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

epwilkinson
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

According to the SMS chat I am in, Openreach have repaired the fault and closed my case.

Unfortunately the situation is unchanged - there is no landline dial tone and no broadband signal. Despite power cycling both the phone and router.

Please can this be reopened and escalated.

It was noted that the 2 Openreach vans despatched to the site of the fallen tree which we presume took out the phone line both nicked off at 5pm sharp.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi

Tests are showing a fault.  I'll get this logged to Openreach for investigation.

Check back in 24hrs for an update.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes