Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed, Possible Router issue??

Iamthemachine
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I'm on fibre 65.

Current speed to my Huawei dg8041w 48.8mbps WiFi is at 39.2mbps.

Managed to borrow a super router sagemcom fast 5364

On and off Internet signal but managed to log in to the router.

57mbps WiFi is at 48.7.

Ive had issues to my Internet and WiFi since I've moved in 6 months ago. Very rarely getting above 35mbps.

Only got it higher today because I was getting tech support....... So if I'm getting the higher speed from the borrowed router does that mean this other one is faulty.

But why won't it stay connected? 

Is it just updating? 

Jack of all trades, Master of non. I can fix anything but Broadband!!
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

A Sagemcom router is on the way to you.

As to when the lines are upgraded, this is in the hands of Openreach and we have no visibility of this.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Iamthemachine
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

If you could send me the sagemcom router that would be great.

Since writing the original post it's been raining and again I've experienced a significant drop in my WiFi.

Sat with the router behind me less than a metre away with it plugged into the test socket(front removed) it's only hitting 28-29mbps

If I wanted slower broadband I would have ordered a lower package........ Also do you have any idea when the local lines are being upgraded to fibre.

NE61 5HE

Jack of all trades, Master of non. I can fix anything but Broadband!!
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Iamthemachine

Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Without going into the Tech jargon, Various hubs will connect at various speeds ultimately due to the the Hardware - diffrent modems, chipsets etc. 

I too have had both these hubs and the Huawei would always sync at 69 - 72mbps though the Sagemcom would hit 80mbps any time of the day.

Are you experiencing connectivity issues via wireless alone or both wireless and wired?

If you ensure your details are filled in on your profile a member of Support staff will assist with possibly swapping out your Huawei for the Sagemcom variant if needed.

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes