cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Port forwarding 44158

Andykershaw90
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Please can someone help me set up port forwarding on a Black WiFi hub Hauwei, for a helium miner?

I have screenshots of the settings I have changed but still having same issue when I check port checker.co

Any help would be much appreciated 

19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Sorry didn’t know that. Will do. Appreciate your guidance. Thank you.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 20

Hi @DamKan 

If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button. Then @mention me into that new thread.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

DamKan
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 20

Hi @KeithFrench ,

Can you please help me, I have the same issue with port forwarding. I also followed what you have put on your screenshot. But I am getting the message as on the screen shots below. I am not that tech savvy but trying to learn things as I run into them. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks

DamKan_0-1645879603521.png

DamKan_1-1645879671856.png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 20

Hi @Andykershaw90,

Thanks for that info, very useful. The bit about "I went back to IPV4 and deleted the miner", I assume that this was from here:-

Dashboard > See Internet Settings > Manage advanced settings > System Info > User Device Information

Then the WAN Name being set to Auto is correct in the PF rule, if you look at my example it is set to Auto. If set to a dedicated WAN interface & that one is not in use, it would explain why it wasn't working on your router. Looking back at the screenshot of your PF rule, it was truncated & very small & blurred as I said, but on closer inspection, I can see that it was set to the wrong interface.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Andykershaw90
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 20

Hi guys just an update I have managed to fix the issue

I went back to IPV4 and deleted the miner, I then re added it but made sure the WAN name was set to AUTO unlike previously,  and filled in like Keith's example with my IP address etc

I then applied it to the router, and went onto the local dash for the (sensecap) helium miner and selected re-boot

This sorted it for me and now the hotspot is not showing relayed and is fully synced on helium network 

Thanks for the help Keith

All the best and happy new year

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 20

I have just double-checked it on my DG8041W & it worked through the router the first time. This is what I used:-

DG8041W PF TCP 44158.png

PF 44158 test.png

If your port checker said it is closed & your rule matches mine, as I think it does, the problem is with your miner device & you will have to take it up with their support people.

Keith

Message 7 of 20

Port 44158 sorry *

0 Likes

Andykershaw90
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 20

No they don't have a firewall.

If I check the router on portchecker.co using the public IP address for the router, I check the port 44185. And it is still closed. Can you check for me to double check it?

Shouldn't this be showing open irrelevant of the miner?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 20

Hi @Andykershaw90 

Your screenshots are still very small & a bit blurred, but everything looks OK there. I will just double-check the rule on my Huawei later today. So does this device have its own personal firewall?

Keith

Message 10 of 20

It is a sensecap M1 Helium Miner

0 Likes

Andykershaw90
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

Screenshot_20211230-175107_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211230-174843_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211230-175002_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211230-174829_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 20

You can send me a PM, but I do not disclose my email address to anyone on this forum.

Your screenshot looks basically OK, but is truncated.

To set the size parameter to large:-

Inset Photos Size Large.png

Does the device that you are forwarding to (is it a PC) have its own personal firewall (not the router's one) as this will also need an incoming rule added to it for this port?

Keith

0 Likes

Andykershaw90
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 20

I can't find were you set perimeter to large? Also by DM I meant direct message,  is it possible to email you?

0 Likes

Andykershaw90
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 20
  • Screenshot_20211230-175221_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 20

Don't attach screenshots. All you have to do is use the Insert Photos button on the editor's toolbar, but make sure that the Size parameter within this facility is set to Large. You can PM it to me if you prefer.

I am not sure what you mean by "Also I csnd DM you can Talk Talk support allow this for me?"

Keith

0 Likes

Andykershaw90
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 20

Hi thanks for the reply 

I have tried attaching the screenshot bur it days files not supported? Also I csnd DM you can Talk Talk support allow this for me?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

Yes of course I will @Debbie-TalkTalk.

@Andykershaw90 please can you send me screenshots of the rule? A lot of people are having problems with this, but none as yet have I found are caused by the router.

Keith

Message 18 of 20

Hi @KeithFrench - Would you be able to help with this please Keith?

Debbie

0 Likes

Andykershaw90
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 20
0 Likes