cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Port forwarding/ISP issue

Kinger227
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Reposting as it got removed for 0 reasons.

Ok so after a whole day of trying to port forward everything i do ends up in (canyouseeme.org) not being able to see my ports. Im trying to host an assetto corsa server running on the ports 9601 and 8088. but my questions are! 1. is this router even capeable of fully opening ports so people can connect to me 2. what is it exactly i have to put in the port forwarding section to get (canyouseeme.org) to see my ports as ive tried everything like ive opened a port for tdp/ucp on 9601 (for assetto corsa) with the internal ip being local ip of 192.168.1.**  and ive also opened a port on http of 8088 hopeing this would show my ports on (canyouseeme.org) . Ive had the server running enough that i can see it in Lan and public if i connect to lan myself i can join no problem if i invite people to my lan they cannot join. And also when ever i click or anyone else clicks on the server in public it says cannot join server network timed out. I was reading online that i may need to request a public IP of some sort to get this working im very new to the whole thing and would really appreciate mainly of explaining how to get (canyouseeme.org) to actually see my ports . In port forwarding im using 192.168.1.** for assetto but in canyouseeme.org they are trying to use what im guessing is my private ip of 92.**.**.** am i meant to use the 92. IP in portforwarding to open the ports fully if so how thanks in advance  <<<<< in addition to this my ipv4 in cmd is different to my public IP online so my assumption is im stupid or there is some sort of ISP/NAT blocker on the network and i request to have it removed ....i will repost until i get a response and not just get my post deleted TIA again

Jking
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If you go to any port checking website it tries to initiate a connection to your Public IP address and the port forwarding maps it to your private IP address.

Assuming these two ports are TCP & not UDP, I have just tested them on my Sagemcom & both reported as open the first time I tried it. Please can you include a screenshot of your port forwarding rules so I can check them for you?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?