cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Problems At Night/Evening

BakesAvfc1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi all,

I have noticed there’s been a lot of spikey lag in the evening and night time recently. Tonight I’ve had to reset the router altogether as the service ground to a halt.

I have looked into the router (Sagemcom Wi-Fi-Hub) stats which look odd. My downstream noise margin is showing as zero.

Any ideas how to sort this?

Cheers

B7D89286-C9F1-4B4B-9556-3E06398F6946.jpeg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

Ok thank you. It's just to confirm if this is related to the wireless as we can then offer more advice.

Thanks

0 Likes

BakesAvfc1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Might be able to try and give that a go tomorrow but it would be on a PlayStation at best.

Weird how it only happens on the evenings and the stats look weird to me (unless they are bugged as mentioned earlier).

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to test wired for a short period just so we can confirm if this is definitely linked to the wireless connection please?

Thanks

0 Likes

BakesAvfc1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Wireless but it’s happening all across the house. The channels are clear as well.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Can I just confirm, are you connected wired or wireless when this happens?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @BakesAvfc1,

I think the stats on that screen are often wrong, probably a bug with the latest version of firmware. The support team here will be back on Monday and may be able to run some checks on your line to see if they can see any issues.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to ‘run a live connection test’ on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

0 Likes