cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Promises, Promises (and as fake as flying pigs)

edwardhyde02
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

I am a long term customer of TalkTalk, regularly re-sign every couple of years & put up with their happy little habits of throttling & dropping broadband with 2nd rate routers.

2 years ago I signed again for a superfast contract with a speed of 63 & a guaranteed minimum of 59 Within a few months it began going slower & slower
When I asked for a check their reaction was always the same "we can see no problem & if the engineer finds nothing you will have to pay for them".
They would only accept their own speed check.
They promised call backs & made none.
Eventually, about 3 months ago, they finally sent an OpenReach engineer round who found that an external cable had deteriorated to the point where it was near useless, he replaced it.
Then a TalkTalk (all they ever do) engineer came around and found as suspected that their second rate router was operating at a maximum of 22.
SO much for the guaranteed 59.
Since then I have had call after call with them with their caall centres demanding the story fresh every time & telling me that it would be escalated to the "Executive Complaints".  I have filled in forms, made calls, be promised more call backs, had emails confirming call times and yet every time there is nothing.
They have offered meaningless 3 month compensation for their 2 years of broken promises & just recently they have increased my charges but not bothered to actually keep a promise of talktalking to me.
Liars, frauds, deceivers - these are words that describe TalkTalk, a company unfit to operate 2 bean cans & a length of string.

talktalk lies &; cheats
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Just as a note Debbie - I have had nothing from the complaints team in regard to timing of their call tomorrow.
After previous experiences Since I have serious doubts that they will actually call I must assume that their lies about talking to me have now extended to the point that they cant be bothered to even pretend they are actually going to call.
I am not going to sit around all day waiting for their non existent call so I will forward the landline & you have my mobile number.
If you do not call all other sources of reviews - Trust Pilot. Google, this community etc will be updated to reflect your ongoing rude & disrespectful attitude

talktalk lies &; cheats
0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

why wait another week?
Why not today or tomorrow?
If you were remotely interested in atoning for your misdeeds & lies you would call immediately
What time will this call be?  I have no information about it, have you stopped telling me about when you wont call now?

talktalk lies &; cheats
0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Hi edwardhyde02

Apologies for this.

If you don't receive a call on 05/06 then please let me know here.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

WIl that be the call that was dues on 30th May or the one that was due on 23rd of May or the one that was due the week before that or.......
My notes & text records show that they have promised to call me every week for three months & confirmed every appointment on the morning of the due day 
AND NEVER CALLED 

talktalk lies &; cheats
0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi edwardhyde02

The notes advise that our Complaints Team will be contacting you on 05/06 to discuss this further.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 28

what do you care?
Where is my executive complaints call that you have been promising every week for 3 months?
Where is my compensation for you underdelivering
I have changed my life to fit in with your confirmed call times & you NEVER CALL
Disrespectful liars

talktalk lies &; cheats
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Hi edwardhyde02

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, has the speed dropped again after the last engineer visit?

0 Likes