cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Appears Bricked

shenron210
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hello all,

My wifi devices were experiencing intermittant issues so after trying to resolve the issue with them, I decided to turn the router off and on. After which, the router has not come back. I have checked all the cables and reseated them, used the test socket behind the master facia plate. I have factory reset the box twice.

The router has no lights apart from the orange flashing start up light which eventually goes out. I've connected via Ethernet cable, the router wasn't providing DHCP so I had to manually configure my NIC to that of the router. The web gui login page is accessable but when I use the default admin and password I get an red error "Communication error with the gateway?"

Support has offered an engineer to look after the long bank holiday weekend. To me the router is dead. It can't connect to the internet, there's no ssid being broadcast, no LAN. Anyone have any other ideas that i've missed or not considered?

Cheers,

Chris

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi Chris

Would you like me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi Chris

I'm really sorry to hear this. I can send you a replacement router (this will take 24-48hrs to arrive)

Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes