cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router connection issues - Sagemcom-FAST5364

ExhaustedPigeon
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Fault case REP-14111101

Newbie here, sorry if I'm repeating old issues. 

Up until last night (Sunday) router (several years old) was happily providing internet to family devices. 

Yesterday daughter couldn't connect laptop to it, and the mobile phones of my husband and I weren't connected to WiFi.

Switched router off and on. Took a while to connect to network, but connectivity was eventually restored. 

Today (Monday) no internet at all. Disconnected router for 20mins, then switched back on. 

Flashing orange light of doom ensued. 

Contacted TalkTalk livechat and went through all the stages of off/on, reset, etc. 

Router still flashing orange. 

Phone line working fine, no problems. 

I asked livechat if it would be router, they want to send engineer out (with possible costs involved that I can't afford  at moment)

Does anyone have any advice on whether it is likely to be router at fault, as nothing had changed at all apart from connectivity. 

Thanks folks 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Was afraid of that. 

I'll contact later on main site  livechat 

Thanks for your help Chris, it's much appreciated 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Phone line is working. Internet was working fine until it suddenly wasn't 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Yes it is 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi ExhaustedPigeon,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing, is your router currently connected to your test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it. 

I'm just exhausted and frustrated having gone through all the diagnostics and tests yesterday to no avail. 

Terrified of the possible charges too, even though I've not damaged or broken anything.  

Hoping it's sorted soon 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

It could be the router certainly, but it needs diagnosing. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?