cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router issues?

MeAnnWilliams
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi collective hive 😀

So I have an issue, please be patient while I try to put it all together ...

First - I work from home full time. I have the computer  and office phone  through my Talk talk Router ( it's a SIP phone/ VOIP phone - been told to tell you that , don't know what it means!) 

I've been having lengthy issues with my office phone ( not my TalkTalk landline) which has two lines on it - one of the lines drops out when more calls come in on the office number..the other line is fine.. our IT person remotely got on my computer and asked to check the Router etc. Which she did..

She couldn't find a lot wrong but what she did find was the following - 

The status on the screen kept saying the WiFi + Internet was dropping out when it couldn't have been as I had the computer + phone working fine and the WiFi was ok on my mobile. Also the router has it's usual white light showing.  The IT lady also said she was connected and it certainly wasn't dropping.

It did this several times - but then changed to being on each time. 

Also it showed the router had only been on for 11 hrs. she asked if I had rebooted it or if we had had a power cut.

I remembered while watching TV last night it dropped out, then came back. 

This leads me into the 2nd issue. 

The TV drops out fairly often, then comes back. 

We do not have many items on the router, just the TV of an evening  and during the daytime my work computer with the phone.  We do not upload anything like films etc. Or do any gaming ( I'm not boring honest!!) 

The WiFi is for my mobile phone and that's it really, I have a WiFi connected printer but I only have that on when I need it. 

So dear helpers in the community - your thoughts please. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi MeAnnWilliams

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

I think it's ok.  Thankyou 

Work's IT dept hasn't got onto my computer via teams sharing so can't answer on what they saw on the last router 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the connection has been?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

@Karl-TalkTalk 

New Router is installed and everything working . 

I'll see how it is when I'm back at work on Tuesday. 

Thankyou so much for your help 😍

MeAnnWilliams
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Wow ! What a service thankyou so much .  

It arrived today 

We'll set up up over the weekend.  

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

Can't see any issues with the connection remotely, so lets swap out the router, just to make sure it's not that at fault.  I'll get a replacement out to you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes