cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router not responding

arhharris
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I have a WiFi Hub router.  Had it for several years with no issues.  On Tue at around 7pm the light started flashing orange and we lost both WiFi from the router and Inernet connectivity (even to a PC plugged directly in over ethernet).  I switched it off for a few mins and back on but didn't fix either issue.  I used the talktalk troubleshooting guide and performed a full reset, left it 20mins, etc, etc. and still no change. Flashing orange light. No WiFi. No Internet.

I'm unable to get the web portal page when I connect to it over ethernet (i.e., http://192.168.1.1), which has always worked fine in the past.

I spoke to TalkTalk and they want to send an engineer round to check the line.  I explained that I didn't think it was the line, as the router itslef had stopped responding. But they booked an engineer to come over on Monday (30th Oct).  There is a case open: REP-14795301.

I borrowed an old TalkTalk router and plugged it in, using exactly the same cables as the WiFi Hub was using and got Internet connectivity with no problem.  Hence I know the line is working fine.

Do I still need an engineer to come over on Monday, or could TalkTalk just send a replacement router instead? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're Welcome.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

arhharris
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Great. Thanks so much for your speedy response.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Yes, got your details and the router has been ordered 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

arhharris
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Karl.  I'll cancel the engineer for now.  Do you have all my contact details?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I'll send a router out to you.  This should arrive in 24-48hrs.

I would advise that you cancel any engineer until you have had a chance to test fully with the new router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes