cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

SAGEMCOM 5364 DNS ISSUES

Juksey
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I am also experiencing DNS issues with my firmware SG4K10002816t.
I understand there is a new firmware that fixes these issues. 

Please can I have this updated on my router.
Current

Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00
Software Version SG4K10002816t
GUI Version 3.7.8

Regards

Ian Jukes

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Ian

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Juksey
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Yes please 

Ian

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Good Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. The firmware rollout has been paused at the moment, however we can send a Huawei Wifi Hub for testing purposes and a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned. Would this be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Juksey,

There is a new version of firmware that fixes the known DNS resolution issue, however the general rollout to all customers is currently paused as TalkTalk are making a further small change to the firmware.

It may be possible for the staff here to specifically push the latest version to your router, they should be able to reply to this topic tomorrow to advise.

If they can't push new firmware at the moment, then the other options are that they could send you the Huawei router as a replacement, as this is not affected by the issue. Alternatively, if you are comfortable with logging into the Sagemcom and changing a setting then you may well be able to stop the issue from happening, but it is only a good idea to try this if you have a fairly simple home setup (i.e. just devices that need to access the internet), if you have devices that need to talk to each other and rely on your router to provide local DNS for the devices to find each other, then trying this workaround is probably not appropriate, as it may stop those devices from being able to see each other.

0 Likes