cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagecom 5364 router firmware update

Brommers69
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

My upload speeds are almost zero. I have had a ticket open for weeks but nothing has improved. My router says it need updating but how do I get the necessary software? I asked by email but got no reply.

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Hi Brommers69

The charge has been cleared, I have requested a new returns bag also 

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

Hi Brommers69

I will look into the engineer charge and get back to you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Michelle, I thought I'd responded to this but perhaps not. I don't have a returns bag yet.

Also, I seem to have been billed for the engineer visit. The problem was with the Openreach modem. I hope I'm not being charged on a technicality. I managed to sort it through the web-chat but something wasn't right there.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

Hello,

Yes please. Did you receive a router returns bag? If not then we can send one out for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Firstly, I don't think the website is intuitive enough to direct those in need of help to come to the community pages. The name doesn't suggest that Talktalk reps provide help directly there. Not sure how you would address that though. I googled the talktalk phone number and got through to the phone helpdesk (in South Africa? You may be there too for all I know). They went round the houses doing tests, told me there were no faults, and left me with the offer of changing service after 30 days if it wasn't fixed. I didn't think they were going to do anything else or hear back from them in that time though. They didn't direct me to you, here, for example.

Second, It would be helpful if the suggestions I had in the previous responses could have been packaged up as a set for me to fault diagnose. That would have saved several days / weeks of the rather laborious message ping/pong that we get here.

Thirdly, in the same vein, would it be possible for you to call those messaging to talk things through. Again, I think that could really save time. Essentially combine the phone / message media in some cases.

Finally, thanks for the help. It always felt like you were trying to fix my service and we got there in the end. Do you need / want me to send the spare router back and if so how?

Kind regards.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

Hi Brommers69,

That's great news, thanks for letting me know. Yes we always welcome feedback 🙂

Chris

Message 7 of 30

Chris, good news! The fault turned out to be with the modem. New modem fitted and I now have a solid 150 Mbps down and about 25 Mbps up. Phew! I have some feedback / suggestions if you want them.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning (January 12 2022, 08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 9 of 30

Chris, I accept the term, although this issue occurred after the last visit by the Openreach engineer to install the service so... I'm afraid I don't see where I get my DMs? This is killing me trying to work from home so anytime ASAP please. Not Wed 19th Jan.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

OK, if you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Chris, I’m out of ideas so that seems like the only option. What do you need from me?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

OK thanks for trying that. If your upload speed is still so low then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Chris, both off for 30 minutes as requested. The problem remains with my upload speed. I have also ruled out my domestic wiring as an issue. Fortunately I’m not working this week but I’m due to restart working from home next week so I am going to be in trouble if this isn’t fixed soon. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 30

Hi Brommers69,

Can you switch the modem and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes then switch first the modem back on and then the router a couple of minutes later. Please then retest and let us know if there's any speed improvement

Chris

0 Likes

Brommers69
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 30

Michelle, sorry to not respond directly to your reply but my connection is so bad the site isn't working properly. I am currently connected directly to the modem. The download speed is a much steadier 150 Mbps but the upload is measuring 0.0 Mbps on an independent speed test. The Tallktalk speed test either does not work (server connection, or returns a zero speed or 'NaN' for the upload speed. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Unfortunately we only have the option to send a Sagemcom wifi hub. The new firmware was being rolled out, however this was paused while the team completes some more testing in relation to VPN. We're hoping to know more on this shortly and hopefully when this will commence.

The line test is clear and the upstream sync speed looks consistent. Just to confirm, how does the speed compare if you connect directly at the Openreach modem?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

Talktalk,

The new router arrived, thank you, but it is the same type with the same software as the original. The upload speeds are unchanged. At least we know it is not a faulty router.

Could you please let me know what the next option is. Is there another router/software option? Are other customers working fine with the same router? Presumably it could be an Openreach issue (if it is not a router software issue as Keith suggests) as the only things not ruled out are the modem and things at the exchange end.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 30

The next version of Sagemcom firmware is currently on hold, whilst a problem in is investigated in it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Brommers69
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 30

Thanks Karl. Is there an issue with the firmware or is this just hoping the problem is with the router?

0 Likes