cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi down again twice in 5 days

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Please help my internet regularly goes down and an engineer is usually the only way it gets fixed. It's in need of a new line to my house to fix the issue long term. I'm meant to be working from home as much as I can due to covid for health reasons. But keep having to go into work due to no internet at home. 

Please could some run the checks on my line and see if it's for an engineer to fix again as on Thursday. 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

I'm happy to help with the issue but you can of course use a different channel if you prefer. If you do need any further assistance from the Community team please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you

Chris

0 Likes

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 18

I will make my complaint via a different channel, you are not understanding! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

If the connection is still unstable then we can arrange a visit from an Openreach engineer, would you like us to do this?

Chris

0 Likes

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 18

Very confused by your question. The internet came back on a day or so ago, of which I contacted TalkTalk online and told them this. But they said I should keep the appointment, so I did. 

The connection isn't stable as my phone alerts me when it's not, then it usually goes down shortly afterwards. 

When the engineer was here he recorded a speed of 50-60. As I've said the fault is outside the property and is effected by the weather. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Brokenrouter,

Could I just ask how the connection has been since the engineer visit?

Chris

0 Likes

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 18

Well absolutely disgusted by TalkTalk let me down again. Engineer that was sent was here to check I'd setup the equipment in the house correctly. He's reporting back to BT and TalkTalk. He says we shouldn't share a line with the neighbour especially when the connection is right outside our drive so would be so simple to put a new line in. They have asked me to raise a formal complaint that this has gone on for so long. Your feedback on this would be greatfull at this point. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Brokenrouter,

How did you get on?

Chris

0 Likes

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 18

Will do but, won't be until Thursday as they couldn't send anyone today. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hello,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 18

Spoke to customer service and they have found a fault and are sending an engineer yet again. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

I've run a couple of line tests, one is passing and the other isn't completing. To investigate further we would need to arrange an engineer visit so if you change your mind please let us know and we'll confirm some details and book the engineer

Chris

0 Likes

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 18

It's always been found to be outside. Not prepared to give go ahead for engineer unless you have found the fault. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

OK, if you're sure the fault is outside your property we can arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 18

Doesn't make any difference, the fault is outside my property. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

OK thanks, have you tested with a different router?

Chris

0 Likes

Brokenrouter
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Sorry don't have a phone handset to check if the phone is working. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi Brokenrouter,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service?

Chris

0 Likes