cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagecom fast 266 booster not connecting to wifi

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

Start up procedure goes as normal, when activating WPS it just doesn't connect and times out 

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 21 of 29

Hi JudeP56

Try the reset procedure that Keith mentions.  If this is not successful then I think the next option is to replace the WiFi Booster.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 29

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk a powerline adapter is not used in this case, the customer has the new Sagemcom WiFi Booster (FAST266) & it cannot achieve a WPS connection to the router.

Hi @JudeP56 yes I agree all of the lights indicate that the WPS process is in progress OK. I assume that the router & 266 are physically close to one & other whilst the WPS operation is taking place? If you do not know how to logon to the router, then you cannot have disabled WPS.

I have never had any issues with them connecting via WPS & I have done it a lot of times. I would suggest then that you perform a pin reset on the 266. With it turned on, press & hold in for about 10 seconds the small reset switch on the rear of the 266 between the on/off button & the power connection.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 29

Morning,

Can I just confirm, do you mean the router itself or a powerline adapter?

Thanks

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 24 of 29

On the back it just says its a talk talk wifi hub, it's the more up to date one as I got a new one sent out about a year or so ago. When I activate WPS the booster shows the white light on the left, the light in the middle flashes  red and the light on the right flashes white. The router flashes orange so it appears as both are in WPS mode, they just can't find each other. How do you access the router login page? And I've used WPS to connect this booster to this router before, so I don't think WPS is off, unless it can turn itself off 

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes

Message 25 of 29

Hi Jude,

How are you getting on, do you still need assistance with this?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 29

If it worked fine then you must have at least V158. However, if you go to the router login page it is quoted at the bottom where it says TalkTalk WiFi Hub & Version.

Please can you answer my other questions though, because otherwise it makes it very difficult to know where you are going wrong, or if there is a fault.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 29

I've had it for about 6 months now, TT supplied it for bad Internet coverage in my house. It has worked fine so far up until this last week where I just can't get it to connect at all. How do I check to see if my router is up to date?

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 29

Hi @JudeP56 

What make/model of router are you trying to connect the 266 to, it is only compatible with the Sagemcom FAST5364 & 5464. What firmware is running on your router, it must be a minimum of V158.

When you try and connect it via WPS, is WPS actually enabled in the router? A lot of people, myself included, always keep WPS disabled due to some security vulnerabilities, except when they want to connect something new via WPS.

If you put the 266 near the router what lights are on or flashing with both the 266 & the router when trying to connect it via WPS?

Keith

0 Likes