cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Signing a new contract.

georgeparker
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Good morning.

First off I have been a Talktalk customer for at least 12 Years.

I received an email telling me our contract for Fibre 65 was finishing on the 08 09 23.

After looking at the options on your website we ordered the Fibre 150 upgrade online on the 01 09 23 and we were given 15 09 23 as the fitting date.

We received no confirmation at all about this order, so the next day I looked at My Account so see if the order had gone through. As there was no sign of this I decided to do Live chat option to check, this is where things took a turn for the worst.

It was confirmed to us there was no order in place, but the person helping us said they could redo the order, so we went through the process and ordered the Fibre 150 and confirmed a fitting on the same day as previous ,but a different time slot.

All was well until we were asked our email to receive order confirmation, I duly listed my Talktalk email which has been my main email for the last 12 years or more. I also use this email to access My Account to monitor things. I was told that email is not listed as our existing accounts email.

We politely explained it was, always has been and is how Talktalk send me bills and info. The person was adamant it wasn't and asked more than once for an alternative email, after quite a lot of time explaining it was our correct email we begrudgingly gave my wife's Gmail email simply to comply with what was being demanded and get this order completed.

After supplying the Gmail Email alternative, I receive on my Talktalk email account an email saying My Account login email had been changed and I would have to change the password and the new login email was ************@ gmail.com.net. I obviously have not listed the full email for security but I think its very obvious that's not an email address that's going to work, and it's certainly not what we advised you to use. We pointed out the error, but this was not picked up on/ignored in the live chat.

At this point we had been on Live Chat for over an hour, and had been told they understood completely what we were saying, when it was clear they didn't. As this ridiculous ********* .com.net email mistake remains My Account is now locked to an email address that can't exist.

Finally in the live chat we asked to cancel the order and that we would find another provider, which we have. We also asked for the login email to be returned to my talktalk email address, which has not been done.

I am leaving Talktalk when my contract ends, the only thing I want is My Account is put back to my original Talktalk Email address and password as it stood on 31/08/2023, so I can monitor the final bills as I move to another company.

This should have been such a simple upgrade process but I have wasted so much time and effort with nothing to show for it apart from being locked out of My Account now.

Please can you advise what you will do to rectify this situation so that I can log in to My Account to monitor the final bills etc.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible

George Parker

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Arne

I have successfully re registered and am currently viewing My Account and can see that the cancellation of my broadband with Talktalk is underway.

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter, your help is much appreciated.

George.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Thank you , as I suspected we had a different date of birth, I have edited it now, can you try again to register. 

Message 4 of 12

Thank you Arne

Just replied.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi @georgeparker

This usually means that we have incorrect details, I have sent you a PM if you can reply I will check the details . 

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Gone to register on your website, have entered account number, name ,date of birth and postcode and it is coming up with user not found, have tried multiple times and same result.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Arne

Thank for for replying so swiftly, if you can deregister My Account that would be great. Can you please advise then how I go about re registering with a Gmail address as I thought you had to be logged into My Account to make any changes on the details.

Thanks in advance      George.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

HI georgeparker

Sorry that you are unhappy. 

In relation to My Account we cannot change the email address to a @talktalk.net address company policy dictates that none of our email domains can be used as the login for My Account, What we can do is de-register your account which will allow you to re-register with the correct gmail address. 

0 Likes

georgeparker
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Have added landline and Account No as advised.

Though no phone is plugged into said landline as that is going when new provider installs equipment.

Thanks for input.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes