cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow broadband speed on Tv

DBarney
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi

A few days ago I noticed that the Internet speed on my TV is very slow (11-17 Mbps) with a 109-118 ms ping. 

The usual speed used to be between 54-72 Mbps with a 10-18 ms ping.

What could be the problem? And the solution? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

I've turned off wifi optimisation at your router and changed the wifi channel to the least congested, give this a try and see if there is improvement.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi,

I'm using an LG Smart TV connected by Wifi (the router is next to the TV). I didn't had no speed issue before on the TV but since Friday the 28th of January I noticed that the streaming platforms are not working properly. I have checked the speed on the TV every day since. Today (2nd of February) at 5 pm the speed was between 4 and 7 Mbps with a ping between 172 and 274 ms. The upload speed is 18 Mbps. .... on other devices (laptop, mobile)  the speed is normal  65-74 Mbps with 9-11 ms ping.  

What would be the issue in this case? If it were only 1 TV i would say that the TV has an issue, but the 2nd smart TV has the same issue.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

when you say TV, are you using one of our TV Boxes or do you mean a smart TV etc.

How is the TV connected to the router, directly wired ethernet, over WiFi or do you have powerline adapters in place?

How are the broadband speeds to your other devices ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

DBarney
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Updated

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes