cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Smart bulbs wont connect to router

DanniJaime
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

Hello! 

I've got a collection of smart bulbs which are different brands using different apps and they just won't connect to my talktalk router! 

They're fine with others, I've turned the 5g off, changed names etc but they're just not having it. What am I missing in my router to make it work? 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Hi Michelle,

I followed skynets helpful ideas and changed the channel on the 2.4 (5ghz I've kept off until I work out what's wrong)  and sadly that hasn't helped either:( 

I've also updated my profile info 🙂 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 22 of 24

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hi @DanniJaime,

Have you tried changing with Wi-Fi channel on the 2.4GHz band, just to see if Wi-Fi interference might be the cause ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.