cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Solid amber light for 3 days

NeilJ13
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi 

I've had no broadband for 3 days and have had a solid amber light continuously after all the troubleshooting recommendations. Having this issue before it seems like a new router is required, even though the router I've got is supposedly only a couple of months new. I've had various ongoing issues for a total of three months now, and the live chat is sometimes long winded and doesn't really resolve any of my issues.

Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Neil,

I can see that the engineer has said that a replacement router is required so I've ordered one, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Chris 

The engineer has been, and he has tested the line with a test router and has found that it's a router issue, he didn't have any routers to hand, he will get someone to send a new one. He said maybe Monday or Tuesday, if you could confirm this that would be great.

Thanks Neil

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

OK thanks Neil, please let us know how the engineer visit goes

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Sorry for the late reply Chris, but I've booked an engineer to hopefully sort this out, if not then a new router could be an option 

Thanks Neil

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

OK thanks for confirming. I can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi

I've done this many times, but still have a solid amber light on the router.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

OK thanks, have you tried resetting the router to factory default settings, if not then could you give this a try

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

I haven't got a home phone to check the phone line.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi 

I've done this about 6 or 7 times daily since the 31st of December, and I've done it today as I've done a line test and it says I'm offline, which has changed as previously it has said it's my home set up that's the problem. I've had this issue before and I think it's a router issue.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Hi NeilJ13,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service?

Line test is passing but I can see that your router isn't connected to the internet. Can you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest 

Thanks

Chris

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

No I don't, sorry. 

Once staff get onto your thread, you should get a new router within 24 / 48 hours if it's at fault.

If you want to look into an alternative router, Google should help and manual set up details for non TalkTalk routers can be found here

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 12 of 14

Hi,

Profile is now complete. I don't suppose you know of any cheap compatible routers, that have a dsl port?

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).