cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Specific Items Dropping from Wifi and not recovering and need router reset

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 60 of 60

Hello,

Wondered if anyone has had a similar problem to what I have been facing for last 4-5 months. I have an issue were certain devices drop from WIFI connection to router and wont reconnect themselves until I reset the router. Two of these are the Nest Thermostat and Eufy Doorbell and Security Camera. 

They work fine and every so often (usually at night oddly) they drop from WIFI connection and only way to recover it is to reset the router. Its always these two devices but sometimes other things two. 

I reset router to factory settings and eventually I was given a new one but that is still doing it as well so I am a bit stuck now. Is there a fault log or something in router that would show why these devices cannot reconnect automatically if they drop off?

0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Message 21 of 60

Hi,

Ok, would you like to go ahead with the engineer?

Thanks

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 22 of 60

Ok although mine still shows 6 Mbps (although 6.81) you would know how slow this would take but hasnt moved much. 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 60

Morning,

Thanks for the PM. I've re-checked the stats now and it looks like DLM has started to gradually increase the upload speed since yesterday so it looks like it has now started to increase and should hopefully continue over the next few days. Would it be ok to wait until Monday so we can see what the upload speed looks like then now that DLM has started to make changes?

Thanks

Message 24 of 60

Hi Mackam

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 25 of 60

Please do whatever is needed to return the upload speed to 16 Mbps minimum

0 Likes

Message 26 of 60

Hi Mackam

Ok, this is not the new firmware version. Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Debbie

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 27 of 60

SG4K100136

0 Likes

Message 28 of 60

Hi Mackam

Which version of firmware is showing on the new router?

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 29 of 60

Hello got new router and put it in but upload speed is still at 6Mbps

0 Likes

Message 30 of 60

Hi Mackam

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 31 of 60

Yes please

0 Likes

Message 32 of 60

Hi Mackam

Ok, would you like me to send this today?

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 33 of 60

If a new router wont have the new firmware on it then least this would prove if its that or not as long as it doesnt auto update it. 

0 Likes

Message 34 of 60

Hi Mackam

Yes this is the latest update. If I send a new router out then this wont have the new firmware on. I've not seen any other customers reporting a drop in upload speed following the FW update.

Alternatively I can raise this to Openreach and arrange an Openreach engineer visit but I can't guarantee if the upload speed will increase.

Thanks

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 35 of 60

Yes I believe its reference is "SG4K100158"

0 Likes

Message 36 of 60

Hi Mackam

Do both routers have the same FW version?

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 37 of 60

Next week? You said 48 hours, I have two routers here already and both are the same so dont think that is worth it unless it is on older firmware. Both routers here had a higher upload speed prior to the firmware update now both are showing 5 or 6 Mbps upload speed. 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 60

Hi Mackam

If the speed doesn't start to increase by next week then I can send a replacement router again to see if this helps with the upload speed (this would help rule out any potential issues with the FW update)

0 Likes

Mackam
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 39 of 60

Yes we havent touched it. 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 60

Hi Mackam

I've checked the connection stats again and the upload sync speed is 7.2mb.

Just to confirm, has the router been left switched on?

0 Likes