cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sudden drop in speed

Vinay10
Participant
Private Message
Message 25 of 25

Hi can anyone please help. A couple of days ago I wanted to download a game but I noticed my download spead was 2mb, thought that was abit weird and left it to run. Later that night I tried to play but noticed the game was slow and laggy and after a speed test through talktalk I am o oy get 17mb instead of anywhere between 55 and 65. So I got online the live chat and explained this to them and after 3 hours of online talk they have come to the conclusion that everything checks out on their and the phone line. They have done checks with me at home all of which I have complied to in a bid to solve this, I now get an email saying everything is fine but it isn't and now I'm left with really slow broadband. Can anybody help me fix this? Please 

Vin
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi I've heard nothing back, I filled the form in, it didn't  give me an option to pick a date or time or anything. 

Vin
0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Hi I've filled in the form

Vin
0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi Vinay10

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Yes please.

Vin
0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi Vinay10

We can't make changes to the line profile/speed. This is managed by DLM. 

Would you like us to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

no it was connected yesterday, its been closer to 24hours. Can the line be resynced at the correct speed? I'm fairly confident its not a router issue. Last time a wire was loose on the pole next to my house and after the storms I suspect it is something similar. 

Vin
0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi Vinay10

When did you connect the new router? Has it been connected for at least 48hrs?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi, no reboots only disconnected old router and put in new router.

Vin
0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi Vinay10

The line is currently in sync at just under 15mb.

There are re connections on the line. Has the router been rebooted?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Hi I've received my new router and have just got back from work, its all been set up and when I ran a speed test its still only giving me speeds between 13mb and 17mb. 😞

Vin
0 Likes

Vinay10
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 25

Ok thankyou for helping honestly nothing worst than the prospect of slow internet with Christmas round the corner, kids not being able to stream and game. Fingers crossed it's just the router. Thanks again so much. I'll post again when I find out.

Vin
0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hi,

If it's not the router, then we will look at an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Vinay10
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 25

Hi thankyou for that. So if I get the new router and plug it in and it still only syncs at 17mb. What would happen next?

Vin
0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi

The router is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Vinay10
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 25

I guess so, it can only be one of two things. Either the line needs checked properly or a faulty router

Vin
0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Hi

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Vinay10
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 25

Hi I tried last with an older router but needed a talktalk broadband username and password. I wanted to test to see if it was my router. Regardless though, I'm not not receiving the correct broadband speed for which I am paying for. 

Vin
0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hi Vinay10

There are a number of re connections showing.

Have you tested with a different router?

0 Likes

Vinay10
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 25

Hi yeah so the router has been factory reset and then the online help team left me with it connected to the test socket on the wall. My connection isn't dropping it's exactly what you've said synced at 17mb It should be above 60

Vin
0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi Vinay10

Thank you 🙂

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line and this can affect the sync speed.

Your line is in sync at 17mb.

Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted? Is the router at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes