cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Terrible BB speed all of a sudden

VoyceRZ
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi.

So Ive always seen between 35mbs and 45mbs on my service.

Suddenly in  the last 24 hours this has dropped dramatically to around 4mbs.

My router dashboard displays

Current speeds

Download: 18.06 Mbps

Upload: 2.20 Mbps

But a live speed test on the TalkTalk website displays the below

VoyceRZ_3-1660416308479.png

VoyceRZ_2-1660416274020.png

Nothing has changed. Went to bed 42mbps, woke up to 4mbps.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @VoyceRZ,

The speed details shown on the TalkTalk website are not 'live', so these will be your speeds from at least a day ago. The speeds reported when you actually log into your router are a true indication of the connection speed you have right now. If you run a speed test from https://www.talktalk.co.uk/speedcheck/ (ideally on a 'wired' device), then how close is that result to the speeds shown in your router ?.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’)
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

The Support Team on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat over the weekend, however the Support Team here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

0 Likes