cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN

Whocares1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Moved House, VPN no longer working. How does this get fixed, as far as I can see I need TT to DL SW to my router, is there any other way?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Whocares1

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi

No problem and apologies again for the issue you are experiencing with the VPN connection.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Debbie, thanks

Message 4 of 15

Hi Whocares1

The router is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

OK, please arrange for a new router to be sent please. I will have to wait until around 12:00 before I can turn off the router as I need it turned on for work as I only reuire the VPN for certain things.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Whocares1

We don't block VPN so we will have to rule out a potential router fault.

Could you also trying switching the router off for a full 30 minutes to allow a new session?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Debbie, you can send me a new router, however I have had this router for two years, moved to two different houses in this time and have never had a problem with the same company VPN until the move I made in the last couple of days?

FYI, the error message I get fom VPN client is "The SP is restricting access to the internet, you need to log on with the service provider before you can establish a VPN sesseion

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Whocares1

Ok thank you. I think we should send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Debbie, I have already done a factory reset several times and I am still having the same issue.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Whocares1

Thank you. The Huawei WIFI hub should work ok with VPN. I'm using this router and can connect to VPN ok.

Please can you try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Debbie, Thaks for th response. I have a Huawei Echolife Router, it worked at my previous address no problems with the VPN but having moved in the last few days the VPN is now blocked? I have added my landline number etc to my profile.

Whocares1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 15

Skynet_Tx, thanks for your response, I have checked and my router is a Huawei EchoLife. It worked at my previous address no problems with the VPN but having moved in the last few days the VPN is now blocked? I have added my landline number to my profile. Once again thanks.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi Whocares1

I'm sorry to hear this. I will need to check your router firmware.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi @Whocares1,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

What VPN software do you use, or is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing the firmware. You can't change the firmware yourself, it can only be done remotely by the support team here.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.