cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Tired of this rubbish broadband

Fazal1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi, 

I'm absolutely tired of this rubbish broadband that we've been receiving over the last couple of months. I have been in contact with TalkTalk for months now, yet my complaints have not yet been resolved. Also, for the past week, I have been receiving messages saying that I will get a call on  a certain day between 16.00-18.00, and then not receiving call, followed by another message at 19.00 stating the above again. This has happened 4 times now. I am not constantly free to be sitting around waiting for a phone call from a rubbish service provider. It's like I am paying for nothing. This is my last warning to TalkTalk, I would like a phone call on Friday (01/04/2022) between 16.00 and 18.00 regarding all my problems. If I do not receive this phone call, I will cancel my direct debit and then you may do what you like, I am honestly SO fed up with this company and its consistent shitty services. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see that sync speed is varying and there are also an intermittently high number of errored seconds on the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Hi @Fazal1 you will do what you do but @ferguson is giving you good advice and @Michelle-TalkTalk will move heaven and earth to get things working for you.  

Please remember that wireless speeds will always be slower than wired, can you check using a wired connection. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Fazal1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

They told us that we should get a minimum of at least 9-10Mbps out of the 15Mbps on our contract, but sometimes it doesn't even reach 2-3Mbps on a wireless speed measuring website. 

And this problem has been occuring for not one month, but around 4-5 months, so I am sick of having to contact TalkTalk, so I WILL cancel my direct debit if I do not receive a call onwards from 14.00 onwards tomorrow. 

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

@Fazal1 Honestly, don't cancel your Direct Debit, that will only cause you further grief.

Give the support team here a chance to look into this further. How far off is your connection speed from what you were told it should be? How are you measuring the speeds, wired, wireless, or both? 

0 Likes

Fazal1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Hi, you say you optimised our connection, but our broadband has been even worse today. And I am still expecting the call on Friday from 14.00 onwards, otherwise I will cancel my direct debit. All this time I have been approaching you, after that you guys will know what it feels like to constantly have to approach peaople for something. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Morning,

Thank you. I've optimised the connection now. Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Fazal1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

I have updated my information 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Fazal1 your post has been escalated but you need to add your landline phone number to your community profile so that your account can be identified,  please don't post personal details here. 

Link to profile https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes