cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Tracking a fault - need more information

Jodis
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I've had a fault on my phone since 6 August. Then yesterday a fault with my broadband too. 
REP-13234958 

I've been on the chat function but I don't know what it happening with the fault. The page just says "an engineer is on the way to the exchange" 6 August. And the generic "This fault is still in progress. We are working to get this resolved for you." which just changes the date each day. 

How can I be sure they know my broadband is down too? I do I find out more information. This is very frustrating and far too long to be waiting for something to be fixed. 

Why can't this page have more helpful information?
Can anyone on here help?
Many thanks 
Modern lives rely on broadband for so much. I don't mind waiting a couple of days but I'm not even sure anything is going on in the background. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thank you again

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

Just had a chat with Openreach, this is still with their second stage teams, but is not progressing as it should. The Openreach agent is escalating this for me and has asked we check back for an update on 23rd.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi, any updates on this. All still down.. Cheers

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

We here have access to Openreach systems, so we can read through the engineer notes directly for more specific information.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thank you so much Karl. 
Why is this information not available on the track your fault page? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

I've checked directly with Openreach, and there are potentially 5 circuits (lines) affected of a main cable. Dig work is required to access the main cable however as this runs under private land, an A55 form has been submitted - this is seeking permission for Openreach civil engineers to access the cable. They are just waiting for this to be actioned.

I've made a note here of the Openreach fault reference number, if you give us a nudge here after the weekend, we can check for further updates, and if non, we can get in touch with Openreach control and seek more info for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips