cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unresolved adsl broadband fault

Neilson75
Team Player
Private Message
Message 49 of 49

Today, following me noticing our broadband dropping out intermittently and using the service desk fault finder,  Talktalk identified an intermittent fault between the exchange and my house. They duly sent out an openreach engineer to fix it and at about 4pm I got a text from them to say it was fixed. However, the broadband has now permanently dropped out, with the Talktalk hub showing an orange flashing light continuously. I then spend a happy 2 1/2 hours tonight on the online chat trying to explain this, but instead being taken through the internal fault finding checklist (check master socket, reboot router, change cables etc) all of which changed nothing, whilst getting increasingly concerned as the service agent denied the existence of the original fault as "it wasn't on the system". Eventually the service agent agreed to send out another engineer to the house and agreed not to charge me for it. However, this will not happen for another 10 days and it's pretty clear the first engineer caused the issue, so the issue is outside the house. Is there a sensible way to resolve this and get Talktalk to get the Openreach engineer back out to check what was done today and save everybody wasting their time?

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Neilson75
Team Player
Private Message
Message 41 of 49

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk , I've now responded to the PM

0 Likes

Message 42 of 49

Hi Neil

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can proceed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Neilson75
Team Player
Private Message
Message 43 of 49

Yes @Debbie-TalkTalk , please go ahead as you propose.

Neil

0 Likes

Message 44 of 49

Hi Neilson75

I'm so sorry about this.

I've completed another line test which has detected another line fault.

I can see that a TalkTalk engineer has been arranged for next week. I will need to cancel this and pass this back to a Openreach engineer.

Are you happy for me to arrange this? I will need to confirm some details before I can cancel the TalkTalk engineer.

Thanks

0 Likes

Neilson75
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 49

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Yes, we still have the fault. The hub still shows a continously flashing orange light.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 49

Hi Neilson75

I've checked and the engineer left notes to advise that the fault was found and fixed at the exchange.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Neilson75
Team Player
Private Message
Message 47 of 49

Thank you @Skynet_TX - I appreciate the reply, particularly at this time of night!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 48 of 49

Hi @Neilson75,

The staff here on the community will be able to take a look at this when they are back tomorrow, they may be able to see more details on what the Openreach engineer did today, and may be able to arrange another Openreach callout if they agree that is needed.