cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN connection issue

yjiang
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I cannot connect Azure VPN today. It worked OK yesterday. My company's technician confirmed that it was caused by TalkTalk. VPN connection works OK if my laptop is connected to Internet through my mobile phone hotspot. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi @Larsojon

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi yjiang

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see a Huawei WIFI hub connected at the moment. Is this the router you are experiencing an issue connecting to VPN with?

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Ok, the older D-Link routers are known to have some quirks with VPN access, but it is a bit strange that it suddenly stopped working if it was working ok before. The Huawei hub normally behaves well with VPN connectivity, so you may be better off using that one.

yjiang
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

I have D-Link WiFi hub, which has firmware version in 2018. I had another Huawei WiFi hub and issue was solved after replacement.

yjiang
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

I have D-Link WiFi hub, which has firmware version in 2018. I just changed to Huawei WiFi hub, the issue was solved. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @yjiang,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing some router settings or changing the firmware, they will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow.

0 Likes