cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN connection issues

Devanti
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Was connecting through VPN with no issues now it cannot?  Firewall setting checked , can connect through another wifi provider, tried connecting with a colleagues PC with the same settings for VPN and that will not connect.  Router is working fine for all other services, did a full reset on the router and no difference.

This points to the Talk talk set-up or router, which was not changed or tampered with on my side.   

Please advise how to get this fixed.

Devanti
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Glad the new router has helped.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Devanti
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Pleased to report that on plugging in the new router sent this sorted out the issue with my VPN connection problems.  Thank you for the wise decision to take the action of replacing the router.  

Devanti
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Devanti

You're very welcome 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 10

Excellent ..thank you Debbie , will keep the forum posted on the result ...Appreciate your proactive approach and prompt action.

Devanti

Devanti

Message 5 of 10

Hi Devanti

This will be another WIFI hub, it's just a different make and model. I'm using the Huawei WIFI hub myself and mine performs really well.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Devanti
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi yes this will be a good way forward and assume this new router would not degrade the current wifi signal strength and quality . Please confirm.

Devanti
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Devanti

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I think we should send a different make and model of router for testing. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Devanti
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

profile updated as requested 

Devanti

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi Devanti

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes