cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN connection stopped working

Julessacha
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 25 of 25

Hi,

my VPN connection to work has stopped working and I am getting a message “A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed”. It was working fine until yesterday and hasn’t worked since. I am able to connect using other networks so guess this must be to do with my router. I have had the router a couple of years and all has been fine.

Please can you help as I need to be able to work from home and can’t at present.

Thanks

Julian

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi

Glad our Team were able to help 🙂

Regards,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 25

Hi Debbie,

The new router arrived and allowed the VPN to work. I will check again tomorrow when I am next working from home but looks like this could be the problem solved. If it all works tomorrow then I will get the other routers returned. Many thanks for your swift response and help in resolving this issue.

thanks again 

Julian

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi Julian

No problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 25

Hi Debbie,

okay that’s great thanks.

Julian

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi Julian

No sorry, it's related to the current FW already on the new router.

The Huawei hub is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 25

Hi Debbie,

yes that would be great thanks. The difficulties you are having wouldn’t be because I am connected through the router at the moment?

Thanks

Julian

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi Julian

I'm having some issues with the FW and the new router. I think we should send a Huawei hub and a returns bag for the routers you have now. Will this be ok?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 25

Hi Debbie,

New router connected ready for you to change the FW.

Thanks

Julian

Message 9 of 25

Hi Julian

Would you prefer to keep the new router (because of the stand on your old one?) If you could connect the new router then I can make a change to the FW.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 25

Hi Debbie,

the new router arrived and was another Sagemcom. I fired this up but this wouldn’t allow the VPN to connect. I have reconnected my old router as before and this still allows me to connect over the VPN. Whatever you did to the firmware seems to have done the trick for now thanks. However as the new router doesn’t work for the VPN shall I send this back?

Regards

Julian

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi Julian

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

Message 12 of 25

Hi Debbie,

the changes that you have made now allow me to connect on the VPN.

I will let you know which router arrives and whether it is worth swapping (my current one does have a dodgy stand so may want to swap anyway)

many thanks 

Julian

Message 13 of 25

Hi Julessacha

Yes the router is still on its way. Please let me know which make and model of router you receive.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 14 of 25

Thanks Debbie, I will try again later. I presume the router is still being sent as this appears to be the solution in most cases?

Message 15 of 25

Hi Julessacha

Ok, I've made the change. Please can you retest this evening and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Hi Debbie, I am not particularly IT literate so I am not what you mean by latest DNS fixes or how you change the firmware. I am not home today so won’t know if any changes will have worked until this evening, but yes you can try if you think it will solve the problem.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi Julessacha

I can see that a router has been ordered but it's not showing yet which make and model it was.

We can try a change to the firmware but this wont have the DNS fixes in, would you like me to try this?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 18 of 25

Even if they did send another Sagemcom, it probably won't have that version of firmware on it, and with any luck the issue with this new version of firmware might be resolved before your new router tried to upgrade to that version again.

Message 19 of 25

They didn’t ask which router I had. I would hope that they would know not to send another Sagemcom but I guess when an advisor picks this thread up tomorrow they should be able to see which router has been sent?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 20 of 25

Yep, as long as they send you a router of a different model that should fix it.