cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN working from home

Haylzx
Participant
Private Message
Message 36 of 36

I am having issues connecting to the VPN to work from home. I have read other forums and been told its due to my router and i need a new one please help. I have tried live chat but this did not help at all.

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 21 of 36

Hello it still hasnt worked for the vpn I’m getting error code 619

0 Likes

Message 22 of 36

Hi

Database updated.  Can you power off the router for 30 seconds then back on.  This should update the record on our server when it connects.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 36

Hi

Sorry, having an issue pushing the update at the moment.  There is an older Hub still listed in the database under your customer reference that is preventing me from pushing this.  It's not a big issue, just that I need it removing from our system. I've emailed our device manager to delete the entry in our database so I can go ahead 🙂

Will let you know when it's done.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 24 of 36

Hi Karl,

now is ok as long as it is only 10 minutes.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 36

Hi

I can make a change to the router, but it will knock you offline for about 10 minutes, when would you like me to do this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 26 of 36

Hello the new router has arrived and is all set up but still having issues connecting to the VPN. Please help but also please don’t make it so I can’t use the internet here? Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 36

Hi Haylzx

Yes please let us know once the new router is connected and we will check the firmware.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 36

Thankyou Chris, I'm assuming this will resolve my issues with the VPN also?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 36

Hi Haylzx,

I've ordered a replacement router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

Haylzx
Participant
Private Message
Message 30 of 36

Yes please Debbie. 
will my internet not work until this is received now?

0 Likes

Message 31 of 36

Hi Haylzx

Apologies for this.

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 32 of 36

Hello Debbie,

my router has been on yes it doesn’t seem to be working now? I am using mobile data at home as the router is not working. Sorry for late reply i work nights.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 36

Hi Haylzx

Apologies for this.

I'm trying to update your router firmware. Is your router switched on at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 36

Thank you very much for your response. I have updated all details and look forward to a response.

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 36

Hi,

I have removed your duplicate post to avoid confusion.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes