cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Very low speed and intermittent broadband

fedman11
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

Re fault report number REP-12192195

On 23/11 I found my router was flashing red, phone line working normally. I tried rebooting, no joy, tried my spare router psu and cable, removed master face plate and connected to test skt. Still no lock. Talktalk engineer arrived wednesday 30/11 confirmed fault external to our house. According to his checks it is a "split pair" fault possibly in local cabinet, he passed it on to next level maintenance.

I tried today using "live chat" but didn't give me any more info.

Could someone please let me know when the fault is likely to be fixed.

My speed for the last 2 years has been 36-37meg, at present less tha 3meg.

Thanks in advance

fedman11
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi

So glad to hear that they have restored the service.  

A happy Christmas to you and your Family from all of us here on Community.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

fedman11
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 17

Hi Karl,

Just had a call from O.R. engineer he has fixed 2 faults within our local cabinet.

All looks good dial tone and speed back to normal (36 ish meg), fingers crossed.

Can I thank you, Michelle, and Debbie for all your contributions into fixing this fault.

Maybe a bit early but I wish you and all the Talktalk community team a very happy Christmas.

Regards

fedman11
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi

I'm showing an authentication record and IP address issued from a few minutes ago, so check the broadband again.  i've checked with Openreach and they are still working on the fault, this is not fully resolved as yet.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 17

Hi Karl

Phone line now completely dead. No dial tone, no broadband.

I am a friend of Fedman and I send this message as he has lost all connectivity.

fedman11
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Karl,

Thanks for that info, I'll leave it for the engineer to play with.

Regards

fedman11
0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi

the engineer should be working on the line, lets see if the broadband will improve shortly.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

fedman11
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Update 16.45 dial tone is now  back, hopefully it is O.R. testing.

fedman11
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for that update.

At 16.20 today a phone call cut off, and now we have no dial tone.

Broadband is still working but only at 3meg

Regards

fedman11
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi fedman11

I can see that the fault has now been assigned to a line engineer this afternoon.

I will continue to monitor for updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Message 12 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the update.

Regards

fedman11

Message 13 of 17

Hi fedman11

The fault is still with Openreach.

I will check on this again later this afternoon for any additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 14 of 17

Hi,

No problem. We'll check the fault again first thing in the morning.

Thanks

Message 15 of 17

Hi Michelle,

Many thanks for your quick reply, and updated info.

Best regards

fedman11
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've escalated this to Openreach, and we will re-check this fault again in the morning for any additional updates.

Thanks

0 Likes