Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to reset my home hub at least once a day?

bill of the wild west
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

I have the Huawei home hub on a FTTC service. When it works speeds are fine at about 21 mbs. But at some point every day, not at the same time, and sometimes more than once a day, it all seizes up and I have to ‘turn it on and off again’ after which it runs fine until the next freeze.

anybody else getting this / know of a solution?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

i'll get a Sagemcom router out to you so we can see how this compares.  The issues between the 2 routers are completely different and not all customers are affected by either, the numbers are very small, but our devices teams will have an updated firmware ready soon.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi, 

Yes am using Huawei at the moment.

I could try Sagecom though I’m sure I came across a community posting complaining of the same thing with the sagecom.

Are they any other measures that could be tried, after a technical assessment of the symptoms?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi bill of the wild west

Are you using the Huawei WIFI hub at the moment? Would you like me to send a Sagemcom hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

I have been away for a week so sorry for not replying. 

It seems a bit better, in that it doesn’t seem to be quite every day now, but it still seizes from time to time.

Strange example: a member of the family was streaming a movie (perfect HD, no buffering) and yet on other devices (LAN wired PC and wi-fi iPad) the bandwidth is next to none existent. Speed checker mostly fails to find a server but if it succeeds then rate is <1mbps on both devices. But it’s not because somebody is streaming a movie, because if I reset the router, then we all resume, movie streaming continues and PC and iPad are fine with speed checker showing 21mbps. In this example it is almost as if the service becomes dedicated to the streaming to the exclusion of other traffic. However, the router seizes when we are all just casually surfing on our phones, so no great bandwidth demand, so the example just given isn’t the whole story.

Please would you take another look and advise on what could be done.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Let me know tomorrow if there is improvement.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Will do, thanks. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

I've made a change to the router.  Can you try this over the next 24hrs and see if it remains connected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes