cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Why is the 24/7 365 customer service saying it is closed??

chrisaginn
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

My internet is down and the phone line and chat service is closed when it's advertised as 24/7 365.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Abigail012,

If you still need assistance can you please start your own thread and can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

I'll flag that to staff, @Abigail012.

They are not on here at weekends, and strictly speaking, they prefer customers to post their own topics.

This is an old thread, and staff usually only reply to the original poster. 

To start your own topic, return to the message board and click on start a topic.

It's essential that you also complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings. Add your Talktalk landline number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

I am an accessibility customer, I tried calling the number you gave me which says 7 days a week. However, it says closed!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Phone support is not open on Sundays, except for accessibility customers (from 9am) and sales (from 10 am), @Abigail012.

Chat is available on Sundays see the details, as it is not the same for every department, near the bottom of this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

Abigail012
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 15

Why are TalkTalk saying they are closed at 09:08 on a Sunday morning? Although, online they say they open at 9AM. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi chrisaginn

Apologies for this.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

After resetting the router multiple times it's stopped working now. Only some devices/ VPN are working. Would you be able to send me a new router asap please?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Line test is clear and router appears to be connecting OK. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

That's another thing, why does the customer service number make you go through the hassle of entering your details just to tell you "we are closed"??

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

It was working after I reset the router but it has stopped again. Strange that VPN connections and my smart phone still works. I am getting a DNS error notification on Chrome browser.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

Hi Chris,

How are you getting on, do you still need help with your service?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

@chrisaginn, I was agreeing with you.

The opening hours listed at the foot of that same page are the only correct guidance regarding telephone and Chat support. 

The description for Chat is misleading and I will flag that to forum managers. 

They count the response of the out of hours bot as "support".

0 Likes

chrisaginn
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Screenshot_2022-11-13-21-56-15-359_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-13-21-57-36-669_com.android.chrome.jpg

Not really good enough when your service goes down and there's no one to get hold of.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Good question,  @chrisaginn.

They count us chit chatting as "support" and, as some of us are insomniacs, it sort of counts as 24/7/365...

In actual fact, staff reply from early morning till c 5pm on the boards on here, Monday to Friday. 

There's support available too on Twitter & Facebook. 

Phone support  / Chat helplines have opening hours listed here, near the foot of the page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes