cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi-Fi slow

spaarks
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Fibre Broadband 65.  New router from TalkTalk Sagecom FAST 5364-3-T8.

My phone at I metre from the router the 2.4GHz wi-fi is full speed at 53 Mbps, but at 5 metres line-of-sight it is down to about 20 Mbps.  In the adjacent room it is down to 3Mbps.

In another room there is a D-Link DHP-W610AV powerline extender. At 5 metres the wi-fi is over 50Mbps.

There are no strong signals on the same channel.

A different phone gives same results.

The old router, same type, gives the same results.

spaarks
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi spaarks,

Is your router situated close to other wireless or electrical devices that could be causing interference? Is it connected to a multi-socket electrical extension lead shared with other devices

Chris

0 Likes

spaarks
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Morning, yes the wired speeds are fine.

spaarks
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are the wired speeds ok? Is it only the wireless speeds which are affected?

Thanks

0 Likes

spaarks
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

I have tried all the channels.

It stays on the channel I set it to.

There is only one strong interfering signal, it is from the flat below. The only other signals are from two floors down.

Ch1 at 1m -38dB.  Interference (same channel)  -85.  Interference (adjacent ch6) -50

Ch1 at 5m  -31dB (same channel)  -78.  Interference (adjacent channel)  -50

The flat below is separated by a reinforced concrete floor, so I wish I had a sky router!

The throughput on the landline is 67/11 Mbps.

I have updated my profile.

spaarks
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

How are you getting on? Please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @spaarks,

Even though you can't see strong signals on the same channel, have you tried different channels on the Sagemcom just to see if that makes any difference to your speeds ?

Be aware that the Sagemcom router has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the Support Team to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes