cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi drops out

120265Mauricetaylor
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

In the past couple of months WiFi periodically drops out. There is no pattern as such but it is very annoying. The tho ha that keep dropping out are my ring doorbell and all SimpliSafe devices. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to reset the router. I have reported the fault to talk talk and they keep telling me everything is ok but it isn’t. What do I need to do to sort this out as I can’t carry on as I am.

Maurice Taylor
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

Hi 120265Mauricetaylor

Sorry for the delay.

I can see that our Community Star Keith has offered to help.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 30

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 23 of 30

Staff are not on here before Monday now, @120265Mauricetaylor.

All support through the forum is online only. The landline number is only used for the purpose of identifying your account. 

The Chat bot is currently not functioning correctly for live support.

The most direct way to get in touch is by phoning 03451 720088 (before 6pm today. Closed Sunday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 24 of 30

The WiFi has dropped out again as usual is it possible to get an update as to what is going on? We are away from home so we can’t see our cameras on the ring device and also the alarm cameras are down. This is not good enough by a long way.

Maurice Taylor
0 Likes

Message 25 of 30

Hi 120265Mauricetaylor,

I've found your account (one of the digits in the telephone number that you've entered is incorrect). I've removed the address from your last post, please don't post your personal information on the open forum

Line test is passing, does the light change on your router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 26 of 30

As far as I k ow this is the telephone number at [personal info removed]  I don’t use this number so I would appreciate hate a call on my mobile. Is there a problem Chris. Why can’t I just talk to someone?

Maurice Taylor
0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

Thanks but could you check the telephone number that you've entered and confirm that it's your current TalkTalk landline telephone number

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 30

I have updated my profile as requested

Maurice Taylor
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 29 of 30

Hi 120265Mauricetaylor,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes