cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi hub not connecting

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 32 of 32

Hello, my WiFi hub (2020 new) is stuck on flashing amber and won't connect. It used to do this just fine. How long should it take, it used to take only a few minutes.

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 21 of 32

Hi john08642

Apologies for this.

The line is showing in sync and connected at the moment. 

How's the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 32

Hello, I received the new router today but still can't connect with it. I am still stuck on blinking amber and no white light. There are some photos here showing how it is connected, and I can't see anything wrong unless there is something that I have missed. My gut feeling is that there is nothing wrong with the new router and probably nothing wrong with the old router either, but they will not connect to the internet. They should plug and play and give a white connected light within a few minutes . I have allowed a long time for a connection to occur. I'm now puzzled.

2023-10-04_155009 (Medium).png
0 Likes

Message 23 of 32
0 Likes

Message 24 of 32

Hi john08642

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 25 of 32

OK thanks please send a new router.

Message 26 of 32

Hi john08642

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line tests are not detecting any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

@john08642 and @Char13,

Staff will not be back on here before Monday. 

@Char13, your issue needs to be addressed in a separate thread to avoid confusion in the replies. 

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic to open your own thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 28 of 32

Hi I am also having problems with the router. No broadband since Thursday morning. Router flashing orange. Have made a repair request to no avail. Debbie can you please help and advise? We spent all Thursday evening trying out all the suggested methods for fixing this problem. None worked so frustrating. Thanks.

0 Likes

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 29 of 32

Hello, the phone line is working just fine. I've done a factory reset on the TalkTalk router and I'm still stuck on the flashing amber light and no broadband internet connection. Would you consider that a new router is needed? Thanks.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 32

Hi john08642

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 32

Is your phone working? If not your line is down and probably affecting your internet.

If the phone is working, try a pin reset to the router by pressing a pin in the hole on the back.

If that does not work, post back for more help 

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes