cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi hub not connecting

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 32 of 32

Hello, my WiFi hub (2020 new) is stuck on flashing amber and won't connect. It used to do this just fine. How long should it take, it used to take only a few minutes.

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Hi Gingerboy53

You have posted on another customers topic.

Please can you create a new topic here Broadband - TalkTalk Help & Support

Click on the start a new topic button in blue.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gingerboy53
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 32

Hi wat do u mean create ur own topic 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 32

Hi @Gingerboy53 

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gingerboy53
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 32

Hi John my hub is not connecting it's staying orange been like this for nearly a hour now

0 Likes

Message 5 of 32

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Granny5
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 32

Sera was dealing with this 4 hrs ago I am a new customer and my hub is not connecting 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 32

Hi @Alansmitheram 

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Alansmitheram
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 32

Hi, mi WiFi is not working. His is on amber

0 Likes

Message 9 of 32

OK, no problem. If you change your mind just let me know

Chris

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 32

Thanks, I've been having a think about this. At the moment, I'm connected to the internet without any problems, but this is with the TP-Link router. The original TalkTalk router, which used to work absolutely fine, isn't working, and the new router sent to me is doing exactly the same thing, which is getting stuck on flashing amber without ever connecting. As stated before, my gut feeling is that there is nothing wrong with either of these two TalkTalk routers, but for some reason they will not sync and connect to the BT Openreach line at the moment. It's a mystery. I've decided to stick with using the TP-Link router for the time being.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 32

We could arrange a visit from one of our engineers and ask them to take a look. There doesn't seem much point arranging a visit from a Openreach engineer if the TP link router is working

Chris

0 Likes

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 32

Please don't send another router. I don't think we have got to the bottom of this, because there probably isn't anything wrong with either of the routers. Nevertheless, neither of them will sync up with the BT Openreach line at the moment.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 32

Hi john08642

Apologies for this.

I can try sending one more router to see if it's a fault with the routers you have received?

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 32

Yes, it has all been used straight out of the box with the parts from the new router as shown here.

20231009_104747_cr.png
0 Likes

Message 15 of 32

Hi john08642,

did you use the cables supplied with the new TalkTalk router?

Chris

0 Likes

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 32

I've done a pin hole reset and the new router is still stuck on flashing amber. This is despite leaving it running for a long time. The TP Link router is working fine, see attached speed test result. I've more or less given up on this.

talktalk tp link.png
0 Likes

Message 17 of 32

Hi john08642

Could you try connecting the TalkTalk router again and then try a pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 32

The old and the new TalkTalk router will not connect, they are both stuck on the amber flashing light. They don't even get to flashing amber and white. This is a puzzle.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 32

Hi john08642

Do you still have the other TalkTalk router? Will this one not connect straight away either?

0 Likes

john08642
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 32

Hello, at the moment I am not using the TalkTalk router, I am using an old TP-Link router instead (photo attached). This is working fine and connects within a few minutes. I've stopped using the TalkTalk router because it won't connect, although it has worked perfectly well in the past. The only thing that I can think of is how long it takes to get in sync, this should not take more than a few minutes. I have left it running for a long time and it still didn't connect.

20231005_114730.png
0 Likes